RESPONSIBILITY AND DUTIES:
· Ensures that construction is carried out in strict compliance with
requirements of the Project Specifications
· Verifies that the Contractor, sub-contractors and supplier’s quality
management systems, plans, procedures
and processes meet or exceed contractual agreements.
· Ensure establishment and proper implementation of adequate control
processes within the site Project Team (PT), as stipulated in the Project Plan
and the Project Quality Plan.
· Provide expertise to assist the project team in resolving quality
· Monitor and evaluate contractor and project team management processes:
identify areas of systematic weakness and recommend corrective actions
· Monitor and appraise quality control activities at vendor and
· Co-ordinate, report and follow up assessments, including internal
& external assessments, regulatory audits and independent project reviews.
· Participate in kick-off meetings and advise contractors on quality
assurance and management systems
· Prepare and maintain designated management systems
· Ensure that an effective document management system is established in
accordance with the approved Information Management Plan
· Advise and assist in the development and implementation of site
document control system
· Manage contracts for third party inspection services for site, arrange
independent third party inspection of procured items, when required
· Promote safety awareness and safe performance among project team
members, including consultants and contractor personnel
· Ensure that Contractor and its major sub-contractors have staffed
quality organizations as required by the contract documents. Interview
contractor’s key Site QA staff and monitor their performance.
· Actively participate in non-conformances, corrective actions, site
queries and management of change processes.
· Obtain quality metrics from contractor, subcontractor and suppliers
and provide them to management as per the Project Execution Plan and Project
Quality Assurance Plan (PQAL).
· Review metrics from PQAL, lead inspectors and Engineering team and
identify and assist in resolution of issues
· Provide weekly and monthly
quality metrics and reports to responsible line management, PQM and
Function, as required
· Conduct weekly quality meetings with the contractor’s quality team.
· Interface closely with Lead Inspectors with respect to:
Rating and assign applicable inspection surveillance levels if not addressed in
coordination of inspection activities on site,
Site visits on
a periodic basis to assess quality performance of contractor &
raised recording of all deficient work items
Design Verification Audits.
training as required for site inspection personnel.
· Ensure previous lessons learned are reviewed and that new lessons
learned are identified
Liaise with procurement
advisor /coordinator/service supervisor regarding equipment and material
deliveries to site