RESPONSIBILITY AND DUTIES:
- Oversee civil/structural related construction activities (excavation, paving,
etc.) performed by the Contractor or sub-contractors in assigned coverage area.
- Read and understand project design drawings and documents in order to obtain
specific knowledge of project work scope.
- Ensure that all civil/structural related activities are performed safely and
in compliance with project specifications, Company standards, and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure that all required civil/structural related inspections are performed
- Maintain daily log of activities.
- Facilitate communication of civil related project execution issues the
- Communicate with the Contractor and sub-contractors to ensure that the work
is executed in accordance with project specifications, Company standards, and
- Identify and assess deviations to Contract Technical Specifications and
regulatoryrequirements; ensure that such deviations will be processed according
to project procedures, maintain Deviation Control Log.
- Assist in stewarding civil/structural queries from the Contractor and
sub-contractors as well as technical information requests.
- Keep Project Team informed of civil/structural progress, deviations, and
- Provide input on contractor performance such as worker capabilities,
training, qualifications, and staffing levels.
- Assist the Project Team in obtaining civil/structural related contract
documents, including those referred to in the job specification.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND
- Broad and extensive knowledge of:
- Industry design standards, specifications, codes, and appropriate safety
- Onshore pipeline and valve station design, construction, and operations.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in engineering.
- 10+ years of closely related professional experience, 5+ years inspecting
- Strong organizational, management, and technical judgment skills.
- Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs, Lotus Notes, etc.
- Read, write, and speak fluent English, especially as it applies to technical
and business communications.