RESPONSIBILITY AND DUTIES:
- Brings to the attention of both the DCS/Instrument Engineering any
significant concerns regarding the EPC Contractor’s or vendor’s performance
which includes quality control, schedule control and scope of supply.
- Supervises the EPC Contractor’s design for the control facilities and systems
that are specifically under his responsibility.
- Communicates with other PMT instrument and control system engineers to ensure
a Provides coverage for other PMT instrumentation and control system engineers
when they re absent from the EPC Contractor’s office.
- Communicates with Operating Company personnel on matters relating to the
maintenance and operation of the new facilities and their interfaces to
- Performs timely review of specifications and documentation to ensure that
project schedules are maintained
- Assist PMT in meeting RGEE expectations as required, especially RGEE Element
2 (Risk Assessment), RGEE Element 3 (Facility Design & Construction) and
RGEE Element 7 (Management of Change).
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, (preferably control systems, chemical or
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with Trains 1 and 2 ICIMS Information and Control Systems.
- Technical understanding of state- of- the- art control system and information
- Minimum of fifteen (10) years technical experience in control systems
discipline and have at least five years (5) specific experience working with an
EPC Contractor on a large capital project.
- Experience with large scale distributed control systems and programmable
electronic shutdown designs for major onshore petrochemical facilities
- Experience with worldwide suppliers of instrumentation, DCS and other digital
control, communications and networked subsystems.
- Experience with contractors, vendors, and implementation sub contractors in
instrumentation, communications, DCS and other digital control and networked
- Experience with hierarchical information and control system structure
comprised of networked digital control, shutdown and control and information
subsystems, as applied to major onshore and offshore facilities